“Never afraid to be different, afraid to be Similar”
What comes to your mind when you read this ? Are you different or part of crowd or try to be part of crowd ?
A decade ago, I visited my son’s school (DPS-South) for PTM. I read this amazing quote written on a wall there, This got my attention and registered in my heart so deep that, I never forgot it.
Sometimes in life, we may feel like we don't quite fit in or that we are different from the people around us. We might feel like we don't belong or that we don't understand why everyone else seems to be on the same page, while we are on a different one. But the truth is, being different is not necessarily a bad thing. In fact, it can be a wonderful thing.
You are just different, and that is a good thing. You have your own unique perspectives, experiences, and ideas. You bring something special to the table that no one else can. Embracing your differences can lead to personal growth, self-discovery, and a stronger sense of identity. Because its U@core.
You may have talents and abilities that others don't, or you may have a different way of approaching problems and challenges. Your unique qualities and quirks can be a source of strength and creativity.
Of course, being different can also come with challenges. You may feel misunderstood or left out at times. But it's important to remember that everyone experiences challenges in life, and that your differences are what make you stand out in a world full of sameness.
You are not alone, there are many people out there who share your differences and who have learned to embrace them. Seek out others who share your interests, passions, and values. Connect with them, learn from them, and support each other.
Finally, being different is not something to be ashamed of. It's something to celebrate. So embrace your differences, embrace who you are, and know that you have something special to offer the world. You are a unique person with unique potentials, so untap your unique potentials because its U@core. Connect with me if you wish to uncover your brilliance.
There are many reasons why people might be afraid to be different:
1. Fear of rejection: People may be afraid that if they don't fit in or conform to societal norms, they will be rejected by others. This fear of rejection can be a powerful motivator to conform.
2. Fear of failure: People may also fear that if they try something different or pursue their own unique path, they will fail. This fear of failure can be paralyzing and prevent people from taking risks.
3. Social pressure: Society often places a great deal of pressure on individuals to conform to certain expectations, such as dressing a certain way, having a certain job, or pursuing certain interests. This pressure can be difficult to resist.
4. Lack of self-confidence: Some people may lack the self-confidence to embrace their differences and pursue their own unique path. They may feel unsure of themselves and their abilities, and may not believe that they can succeed.
5. Lack of support: It can be difficult to be different when those around you are not supportive. If friends, family, or colleagues are not accepting of differences, it can be challenging to stay true to yourself.
Overcoming these fears and pressures can be difficult, but it's important to remember that being different is a strength, not a weakness. It can lead to personal growth, self-discovery, and a stronger sense of identity. By building self-confidence, seeking support, and taking small steps towards embracing your differences, you can learn to celebrate what makes you unique and pursue your own path with confidence. Remember, it's not about being like everyone else, it's about being the best version of yourself, because its U@core.